Thursday, July 10, 2008

Crazy Weekend!

So this past weekend for 4th of July was pretty busy! I'm just now starting to recover! Thursday afternoon Tim and I headed out of Austin to go to Magnolia, TX. Our niece Emily was turning 2 on the 4th and we wanted to make it to her party. We haven't been able to attend very many of our nieces' and nephews' birthday parties since we live in Austin, and they all live in Houston. So, we got to Magnolia around 5pm Thursday and headed over to the lake in Tim's parent's neighborhood. The neighborhood was hosting an fireworks show with free watermelon. As I stood by the lake with watermelon juice running down my chin and arms, looking like a 5 year old, I thought to myself, "So this is what its like to be an American". Kind of random I know...

Anyway, the men got up Friday morning to go golfing while us women fold tended the children... Actually, I just played with Play-Doh with my niece. That afternoon when they guys got home we had a BBQ and small little party for Emily. That night we watched some of Star Wars: Episode V, shot of some fireworks, then finished Star Wars. The next morning we headed over to Sugar Land for Emily's real b-day party where I played with more Play-Doh... wow... between the watermelon and Play-Doh I think I was really reverting back to my childhood! Saturday afternoon we ate at one of my favorite places in Houston called Lupe Tortilla. They have some of the best fajitas I've ever had (sorry dad). That night we stayed up until almost 1am watching the 2nd National Treasure movie. Sunday morning we went to church with Tim's parents then headed home.... FINALLY!!! I was ready to be home! I really enjoy being with Tim's family... but there is something relaxing about being in your own house and your own bed!


So there you have it... I'm tired just writing about our adventure packed weekend! I hope everyone else had a great 4th of July as well!!!

No comments: